Launch Wit & Wisdom is the first in-person session in the Wit & Wisdom professional development sequence. This session introduces users to the curriculum’s learning design, including:
- the questioning framework teachers and students use to access, understand, and analyze complex texts
- the role texts play in building knowledge of worthy topics
- module and lesson instructional components
- student learning in a lesson
If you have not previously experienced any Wit & Wisdom PD.
- Instructional coaches
- Group Text Analysis
- Content Framing Questions Application
- Module Text Examination
- Instructional Component Presentation
- Lesson Study
- Develop a shared Wit & Wisdom lexicon that promotes coherence across classrooms and collaboration among colleagues.
- Learn the “what and why” of Wit & Wisdom’s learning design and understand how the individual parts build the whole curriculum.
- Begin to learn key, repeatable practices for preparing to teach a module and lessons.
- Develop understanding of the intentionality, vertical alignment, rigor, and comprehensive standards coverage.
- Learn how to navigate resources more efficiently, confidently, and independently.